The overall educational mission of the BSE graduate program is to graduate biological systems engineers to support sustainable production, processing, and utilization of biological materials and to protect natural resources.
The BSE M.S. program seeks to prepare its graduates to become successful in the practice of biological systems engineering or in the pursuit of Ph.D. degrees in BSE or other complementary disciplines.
The BSE Ph.D. program seeks to prepare its graduates to become successful educators, researchers and practitioners of biological systems engineering or other complementary disciplines.
Upon completion of the graduate program, students will be able to:
- demonstrate technical competence in chosen area of study
- demonstrate effective communication skills
- demonstrate ability to synthesize prior literature on a research topic
- demonstrate ability to contribute to scholarly research (does not apply to non-thesis Masters Degrees)
- understand the broader technical implications of their work
- understand the broader societal implications of their work