We are committed to our core values, which lead to the collegial, respectful, and productive working and learning environment that makes it fun to come to work/school each day. Groups within the BSE community include the following:
- Tenured and Tenure-Track Faculty - tenured and tenure-track faculty with research, teaching, and/or extension responsibilities
- Non-Tenure Track Faculty – scientists and engineers funded through state and/or sponsored projects
- Visiting Scholars – scholars from other universities and agencies visiting the department for some period of time
- Staff – administrative and technical staff members who support all operations of the department
- Graduate Students – students currently pursuing M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in BSE
Currently (April 2016), the BSE department personnel are comprised of 19 tenured and tenure-track faculty members, 18 other faculty members, 5 visiting scholars, 11 staff members, and 54 graduate students. Our extended community includes our alumni and our Advisory Board. Our alumni represent the BSE community across the country and around the world, as they contribute in numerous ways through their professional and personal lives. Their knowledge, experience, and accomplishments are very valuable resources to the current students and faculty of the BSE department. The BSE Advisory Board includes members from industry and government agencies and provides valuable advice and insight to the department.