24th Annual American Ecological Engineering Society Meeting
24th Annual Meeting
May 29-31, 2024
We look forward to welcoming everyone to Virginia Tech and the spectacular Appalachian Mountains for the 2024 American Ecological Engineering Society Annual Meeting! This ancient landscape is the perfect location to launch the next era of ecological engineering and design. In addition to learning about the latest research and practice of ecological engineering, there will be opportunities to:
- Become a Certified Ecological Designer (CED);
- Earn professional development hours;
- Celebrate the official launch of the open-access Journal of Ecological Engineering and Design (JEED);
- Learn about the ongoing ABET accreditation process;
- Review the draft ecological engineering Body of Knowledge report;
- Learn how academic institutions across the country are bringing ecological engineering to their campuses; and
- Experience local ecosystems and ecosystem restoration activities through tours and site visits.
Southwest Virginia is a hotspot for aquatic biodiversity and outdoor recreation. Attendees are encouraged to bring hiking boots, hip waders, and mountain bikes!
The American Ecological Engineering Society’s mission is to promote the development of sustainable ecosystems that integrate human society with its natural environment for the benefit of both by fostering education and outreach, extending professional development and associations, raising public awareness, and encouraging original research.