Through the generous donations of alumni and friends, the BSE Department has 13 endowed student scholarships. The department awards scholarships each spring to approximately 40 undergraduate students for individual amounts ranging from $700-$14,000 for the following academic year. Scholarships are awarded on either need or merit, depending on the specifications of the endowment. The department also awards grants to support graduate and undergraduate students travel to professional meetings. A list of the endowed scholarship funds is as follows:
- Gordon E. Barlow Scholarship Endowment
- J. Lawrence & Lucille G. Calhoun Scholarship Endowment
- Peter H. Fitzgerald Scholarship Endowment
- John B. Greiner Scholarship Endowment
- Jim & Elizabeth Lillard Scholarship Endowment
- John Philip Mason Scholarship Endowment
- Saied & Parynaz Mostaghimi BSE Endowment
- B. L. Parsons Scholarship Endowment
- Julia Kathleen Pryde Memorial Scholarship Endowment
- Earl T. Swink, Jr Scholarship Endowment
- Earl T. Swink, Jr #2 Scholarship Endowment
- George C. Vaughan Scholarship Endowment
- Frank & Joan Woeste Scholarship Endowment
BSE students are eligible for scholarships from the BSE department, as well as the College of Engineering and the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences. BSE students can submit applications for all of these scholarships through an online system managed by the College of Engineering.
Scholarship Application Form
Please submit the College of Engineering application form to apply for both BSE Department and College of Engineering scholarships.
Application Deadline: March 1
We also strongly encourage you to submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) which is a requisite for consideration for need-based scholarships.
2016-2017 BSE Scholarship Recipents